PRIORITY OF ACCESS GUIDELINES FOR CENTRE BASED LONG DAY CARE SERVICE SET BY COMMONWEALTH GOVERNMENT 2000
FIRST PRIORITY A Child at risk of serious abuse or neglect
SECOND PRIORITY A child of a single parent who satisfies, or parents who both satisfy the work/training/study test under section 14 of the Family Assistance Act
THIRD PRIORITY Any other child
Within these main categories, priority should also be given to children listed below. To allow us to determine your child(ren)s priority position on our waitlist, please tick the following categories if they apply to your child. If you require an explanation of any of the categories below, please call the centre.
- children in Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander families
- children in families which include a disabled person
- children in families on low income. (Health Care Card to be sighted)
- children in families with a non-English speaking background
- children in socially isolated families
- children of single parents
Please not that once a position becomes available for you child, you will be required to secure the position with an Administration fee and a Bond along with the enrolment forms and completion of the centre’s enrolment process in line with Jenny’s Kindergartens’ Policies and Procedures. During this time, the orientation process will occur and families will receive the centre’s handbook and other relevant documentation.